The Library has just received a new book. It is by the author of the Percy Jackson books. It is called 'The Red Pyramid' and I think it is going to be a really good book to read.
This is what it says about the book:
One Curse. Two Heroes. And an evil that won't stay buried...
Carter and Sadie Kane's dad is a brilliant Egyptologist (someone who studies Ancient Egypt) with a secret plan that goes horribly wrong. An explosion shatters the ancient Rosetta Stone and unleases Set, the evil god of chaos.
Set imprisions Dr Cane in a golden coffin and Carter and Sadie are forced to run for their lives. To save their dad, they must embark on a terrifying quest from Cairo and Paris to the American South-west and discover the truth . . .
I think that this will be a great book for Grade 5s so come and borrow it - first come, first served. . .

This photo come from the book publishers' website.
I have been at a PYP conference and am told that this book is very popular in other international school.
ReplyDeleteLots of teachers and librarians were talking about it!
I have read this book and I think it is absolutely brilliant. I recommend it because it is full of adventure
ReplyDeleteMatthew
I am pleased to hear that Matthew. We will put a silver star in this book to show that someone has recommended it!
ReplyDelete